1915 SLOPE ENTRANCE
Dug in 1915
this is the last remaining intact mine structure
in Old Forge.
shafts on the edge of the Lackawanna river have
been sealed with 3” PVC tubing’s added
as “BAT VENTS “ to allow bats easy access to a
The slope is
located on the east bank of the Lackawanna
River, and 300’ downstream from the Main St.